Joe's Rambles

Friday, September 7, 2007

Vacation!

Back In July the wife, the kiddos, and myself took a vacation down to the beach. I love the beach. The sound of the waves, the smell of salt in the air, the view of the ocean, and all the other sights and sounds that go along with the beach. What's not to love?!

We vacationed with my dad, step-mom, and brothers. It was great. We went down to Gulf Shores, AL, Orange Beach, AL, Ft. Morgan, AL, and Pensacola Beach, FL. The weather was great...perfect for beach hanging. I loved being in the ocean, even though I did get stung by a jellyfish! It was fun to let the waves crash into me. We even went for a swim at 1AM (not smart, I know...but fun).

We also spent some time at Ft. Morgan. I loved it. I am a huge history buff and this place was great. Ft. Morgan is an old military fort that played a role in the U.S. Civil War. Pretty cool to read about all the history there.

We also went to the Pensacola Naval Air Station (home of the Blue Angels). They have a naval air history museum there. Really cool stuff. They had a really great IMAX theater. Plus, being a history nut, I loved all the historical exhibits there.

All in all it was a great vacation. Our hotel room was great. We had a room on the 11th floor with a fantastic view of the beach. It was great to sit out on the balcony at night, drink a cold beer, talk with my brothers, and feel the cool breeze coming off the ocean. I really hated to leave. We are planning on going back next summer. I can't wait! Check out our the slide-show of our vacation pictures (below).
posted by Joe at 6:09 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home