Joe's Rambles

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Happy Birthday to me!


Well, in about 12 hours I turn 30. 30. 30. No matter how many times I say it...it just doesn't seem right. 30. Nope...still not right.

I just can not believe that I...me...myself...the person typing this post...will be 30. I remember very well the 1980's. Has it really been that long ago? I remember very well the first Iraq War...that was what...16 years ago now? I remember very well when the Challenger exploded and also watching the Berlin Wall come down. It just seems like yesterday. But it was so many years ago.

I remember when I was 15 (half a lifetime ago!) and the mere thought of turning 30 conjured up images of old men, with tacky shorts pulled up way too high, playing Shuffleboard at Shady Acres Retirement Home. Yeah, to me 30 was old. 18 was cool. 21 was even better. But when you hit 30 you might as well go ahead and join AAPR.

What a difference 15 years makes! Now, 30 isn't that old. In fact, it's pretty damn young...even more so since I turn 30 tomorrow!

According to Wikipedia, I am only 5 years away from a possible midlife crisis. Midlife? Wow...really? Midlife. When is mid-life? I dunno. But I am getting closer to it everyday. In 30 more years I'll be 60. And the last 30 years has gone by way to fast! I'm sure I'll wake up on Monday and be 57...and then 62...and then I'll wake-up in a casket. UGH!


Oh well...here's to another 30!
posted by Joe at 2:42 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home