Joe's Rambles

Friday, November 2, 2007

Halloween Fun!

This year's Halloween was a blast! On Tuesday, the sorority sisters here at the university had a "tick-or-treat" thing for the kids of the community. It was cool. All of the sorority houses took part. They decorated their houses and yards with Halloween themes and had games for the kids to play. They even dressed up in costumes themselves! They do this every year. Last year was our first time to go and the kids looked forward to it again this year (of course, I think my boys were looking forward to seeing the cute co-eds all dressed up. I know I was!). They had it the before Halloween this year, which meant the kids could go trick-or-treating twice this year! Yea! This of course meant the kids would have more candy to add to their candy fueled bouncing off the walls here at home. Joy. lol

Also, on Halloween night, the University of Alabama had "Crimson Hauntings." This was a tour of the haunted places at the university. It was pretty neat. At each stop there were actors playing the ghosts of the dearly departed. It was really cool to hear the legends of the campus and see the re-enactments. The actors all did a good job and my kids were convinced that they saw real ghosts. One interesting thing...we did have a spooky experience at one of the stops.

On campus there is a building call the "Little Round House." It is said to be haunted by the ghosts of confederate soldiers. The story goes that if you put your ear to the door and ask them a question (one that is meant to tick them off) you will be able to hear them. Of course, I did not believe that. So I gave it a try.

After the tour was over we made our way back to the Little Round House. Tanda and our oldest boy went first. My oldest boy is a bit of a clown (like me). So, he walks up to the door and says "You wear dresses!" Well, as soon as he said it there was a sound from inside (there are windows all around the little house...and you could see no one was inside) and the doors started rattling something fierce. My oldest boy took off running and my wife looked pretty shaken up herself.

I went up to the door and asked a few questions. Nothing. I tried again. Again, nothing. Finally I said "Look, you bastards are pissing me off!" LOUD BANG form the inside and a very spooky sounding echo! Whoa. I checked the windows to see if anyone was inside. No one was there. So I tried again. I mentioned that my wife was a Yankee. BOOM! Another sound and the doors rattled like something was trying to get out. Freaky. I asked a few more questions and nothing happened. I do not believe in ghosts, but, something odd did happen that night. I am going to go back again and take my video camera and try to get it on film. I'll let you know if anything happens...that is...if I make it back!

Here are a few pictures from our Halloween fun. Hope you enjoy!
posted by Joe at 7:15 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home